You look hungry. Scroll for our a peek inside our kitchen and an amazing recipe for your archives.
002. banana zuchinni muffins
This muffin is your cure to the grab-n-go breakfast blues. Super moist and not overly sweet.
Makes 12 muffins.
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 oat flour (blend oats in coffee or spice grinder)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Generous pinch of nutmeg, clove, allspice (optional)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup very ripe banana, mashed & packed (2 to 3 medium sized bananas)
1 cup finely grated zucchini (1 to 2 zucchini)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup Other Brother olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with silicone or paper molds. If using paper molds, lightly grease them with olive oil.
2. In two separate bowls, whisk together the wet and dry ingredients. For the grated zucchini, I like to use a microplane directly over the wet ingredients bowl. The finest side of a cheese grater will work too.
3. Slowly combine, pouring the dry into the wet. Mix with a spatula or wooden spoon, making sure the dough is well combined.
4. Using a spoon, divide the dough evenly into the muffin molds. Place in the middle rack of the oven, baking for 20-25 minutes. Rotate halfway through. The muffins are done when the tops are golden brown and firm.
5. Remove the muffins, place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before enjoying. These taste great with a little butter or coconut oil.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge, enjoy within the next 3 days!